Starting Your Drug-Free Programs
Every company is different in its drug-free workplace needs. Some companies begin with a needs assessment and policy development. Other companies have a policy in place but need training and technical support while others might need assistance in drug testing or employee assistance services.
No matter where your company is on the continuum of implementing and maintaining drug-free programs, Working Partners® products and services and professional staff can provide program help tailored to your company.
There are basically two phases to implementing drug-free programs.
Phase One: Decision-makers of an organization or company need to learn the fundamental issues involved in establishing and administering a drug-free workplace program. These fundamentals include learning about:
- substances and their impact upon individuals and the workplace
- legal issues and concerns that are involved
- chemical dependency assessment and treatment options
- drug and alcohol testing procedures
- Drug-Free Safety Program options available to an employer
Based on this body of knowledge, a written policy and operational procedures should be crafted and customized to their workplace and workforce.
Phase Two: The organization/company must roll out and implement the Drug-Free Safety Program as well as build systems for on-going maintenance.
- contracting with vendors for necessary support services such as assistance and drug testing
- establishing systems for administering practices and paperwork
- making an announcement to all personnel
- training supervisors to perform their role within the program
- educating employees about the issues, the policy, and available resources for help
- establishing an on-going system and schedule for critical updates and review, education and training, accountability and compliance requirements
For help in getting started with your drug-free programs contact Working Partners® today.
Contact Working Partners® With All of Your Drug-Free Workplace Program Needs
For more information about beginning (or maintaining) a drug and alcohol free workplace program, or if you have any questions pertaining to workplace drug testing, please complete the form below and a representative from Working Partners® will respond to your inquiry within 24-48 hours.