GenerationRx is an initiative powered by The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy and the Cardinal Health Foundation designed to educate people of all ages about the potential dangers of misusing prescription medications. The GenerationRxWorkplace is a division of the GenerationRx Initiative and focuses on the workplace. As a dedicated division, it provides a variety of state-of-the-art, free, easy-to-use resources and serves as a single source where employers can educate themselves and their workforces about prescription drug abuse.
Working Partners®, applying their adult learning principles and subject-matter expertise, was tapped to develop resources businesses can use to help their workforce learn about the potential dangers of misusing prescription medications and create a website to house all the resources created.
In order to help educate the workforce, an hour-long course, Dose of Reality was developed to raise awareness on the:
- the depth, background and prevalence of the problem
- the contributing factors to the problem (e.g., changes in law, cultural acceptance)
- the impact on the workplace
- the progression of the disease of addiction
- strategies to contain and reverse the problem
- medication safety education for individuals’ practical application in their lives (i.e. “common sense” strategies to prevent the abuse and/or addiction of Rx pain medication)
The course was initially offered to meet employee education compliance requirements for Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation’s Drug-Free Safety Program. In addition to the course, white papers, collateral material and a video on prescription medication were also created.
All products are excellent examples of Working Partners® ability to synthesize and present information for meaningful education and bring together organizations to connect the dots between needs and resources.