Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls
Surrounded on three sides by Hocking Hills State Park in Logan, Ohio, the Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls opened in 1987. This family-run, bed and breakfast offers various types of accommodations – cabins, cottages, yurts and inn rooms – along with a fine dining experience. They also have an intimate spa and The Gathering Place for executive retreats, meetings and events.
After bucking industry norms and operating a drug-free workplace program for several years, the Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls wanted to suspend their drug-free workplace (DFWP) program. While the owners valued the importance of operating drug-free, they hoped that by removing a possible employment barrier (i.e., drug testing), they would have an easier time finding staff and do away with the continued duplication in the employee selected for random drug tests.
What Working Partners® did:
- Consulted with management to identify specific areas of concern regarding their program.
- Helped them think through all the possible ramifications (good and bad) of suspending their drug-free workplace program.
- Explored ways their drug-free workplace program could be adjusted to address their concerns.
- The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls did decide to suspend their program. However, before they did a few drug tests came back positive which caused them to change their mind and keep their program.
- With the decision to keep their program intact, their program was updated to address issues and concerns that arose during prior consultation with Working Partners® and Inn management.