Working Partners® Fact Sheet
Statistics show that 47% of workplace accidents that result in serious injury and 40 percent of workplace accidents that result in death involve drug and/or alcohol use. Therefore, it is universally accepted that a drug-free workplace (DFWP) is essential for safety-minded employers.
History of Working Partners®:
- 1991: BASA (Business Against Substance Abuse) Coalition was founded by Dee Mason, following two and a half years of research and development. Established as a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing information and coordinating resources for drug-free workplaces, BASA Coalition continues to do special projects driving the field forward through funding from Ohio Department of Alcohol and Drug Addiction Services (ODADAS) and ADAMH (Franklin County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board).
- 1997: Working Partners Systems, Inc. was established by Dee Mason to provide consultation services and products for employers to establish drug-free workplaces.
- 2000: In August of 2000, BASA Coalition and Working Partners Systems, Inc., began working together and became known to the community as Working Partners®.
Organizations that Rely on Working Partners® Expertise and Services:
- Workers' Compensation Third Party Administrators and Managed Care Organizations
- Compensation Consultants, Inc., (CCI)
- Frank Gates
- The Ohio Manufacturers' Association Workers' Compensation Services
- Occupational Medicine Providers
- Associations Endorsing Working Partners®
- American Subcontractors Association of Central Ohio
- American Subcontractors Association of the Miami Valley
- Builders Exchange, Inc.
- Ohio Ready Mix Concrete Association
- The Ohio Manufacturers' Association
Working Partners® is Offered by:
- Allied Construction Industries
- Dayton Builders Exchange
- Greater Columbus Chamber of Commerce
- Ohio Grocers Association
- Ohio Lumbermen’s Association
- The Printing Industry Association serving Northern Kentucky and Ohio
Working Partners® is Recognized by:
- State of Ohio
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce
- ADAMH (Franklin County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board)
- Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- Institute for a Drug-Free Workplace
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Department of Labor
- George Meany Center Substance Abuse Institute
- Numerous other local Chambers of Commerce and Services Boards
The mission of Working Partners® is to assist businesses in the implementation of measures to protect company productivity and profitability and improve the quality of life for their workforces.